2nd & 4th Tuesdays at 6:30 P.M.
Windcrest Civic Center; Takas Park; Jim Seal Dr
Connect with Us Online
The Roosevelt High School
Sponsored by the Windcrest Lions Club
LEO CLUB MOTTO
Leadership – Develop skills as a project organizer, time manager and team leader.
Experience – Learn how teamwork, cooperation and collaboration can bring exciting changes to your community and the world.
Opportunity – Make friends and feel the rewards of community service.
LEO Club meetings are held at RHS but projects occur throughout the community. A few ways the LEOs support their school and community:
- Prepared sack lunches for visitors to Morgan’s wonderland.
- Participated and marched in Windcrest’s Annual 4th of July Parade.
- Collected personal hygiene items and made bags for the homeless
- Helped the Lions prepare and serve lunch for the homeless.
- Sorted books for Parent –Teacher-student Association Book Sale.
- Provided route guidance for Fiesta Especial
- Staffed water stations and served as route guides at 5K Run conducted as part of Ed White Middle School’s Eagle Fest Celebration.
- Purchased food and prepared Thanksgiving food baskets for Theodore Roosevelt High School custodians.
- Purchased items, made, and delivered a Christmas basket for needy Roosevelt High School family.
- Conducted a canned food drive for Roosevelt High School needy families.
- Assisted Windcrest Lions Club in getting eyeglasses for Theodore Roosevelt High School students.
- Served Thanksgiving Dinner to patients and family members at TriSun Nursing Home in Windcrest.
- Assisted at Christmas party for patients and family members at TriSun Nursing Home in Windcrest.
- Assisted with the Senior Special Olympics at Blossom Athletic Center.
- Served meals at annual Christmas Party for Brooke Army Medical Center Pediatric Oncology Patients and their families conducted by Lions Clubs from Fort Sam Houston, Alamo Heights, Windcrest, and San Antonio.